Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Metal Stoned
















We're used to seeing amethysts and quartz on jewelry & decor (At least I am), but rarely on a purse! One day while lost on the infinite world of Pinterest I found an image of a random purse (the first one), then a really nice girl called Kelsey Hartle gave me some useful info which I'll share right now with you...

All these bags are from a brand called "Copa Collection". They were a brazilian brand in the '70s that fashioned all of their bags / jewelry / accoutrements with a brutalist metal element. The majority of each item made had various raw stones adhered and each item was essentially one of a kind as they were not machine nor mass produced.

I'm loving the contrast of textures and materials. These pieces remind me of medieval warriors with all their leather and roughness.  I feel this is the kind of bag Daenerys Targaryen (Princess Khaleesi) from Game of Thrones would wear.  What do you think she'd carry in her bag? Dragon treats, perhaps. 

Follow us on Pinterest, that's our little space to save share what inspires us.

Thanks Kelsey for the enlightenment ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment